Happy 19th! I remember when I turned 19 I just had a house party because most of my friends were still underage boo! However, when they all turned 19 we had a crazy night at The Brunny.
Where could you go? Well that really depends on what you are into! Let me a list a few places I like and why they are cool - then you decide!
- The Brunswick House or The Brunny - This place is ridiculous. Everyone I talk to regrets going here, but at the same time has had the best night of their lives. The music is Top 40 overload it’s mostly university students because it is in the heart of the Annex. Plus if you want to see the Slopappotomous in action this is the place!
- The Drake Hotel – Love this place! The patio is amazing, the music is great, the décor is so Hipster and the people are so hot! They have really cool themed nights every week and they have this retro photobooth where you can take after drinking shots and split the photos with your friends.
- Lee’s Palace or Dance Cave – If you are into alternative music and not Top 40 this is the place for you. Dance Cave is usually free for students so check their website for details. I am fine with all types of music so I enjoyed this place. Plus it is a student hang.
- London Tap House – This club is pretty fun, but expensive. I usually say the later you arrive the better a club is, but if you arrive late here you are paying like $20 cover sometimes. However, on occasion if you get there early you will get a strawberry dipped in chocolate or some sort of reward for coming early – plus you pay only like $10. If you do choose to get there early do what I do. Go up to the patio grab a Muskoka chair and have a few drinks while taking in the view. After like 11:30 the club usually picks up so head down.
- Sneaky Dee’s – Go upstairs and end the night downstairs. Upstairs has themed nights like 60’s nights which may sound uncool for a 19 year old like yourself, but is actually really fun. Plus after you have a night of drinking head down for some amazing nachos.
- Gay Bars – I have yet to do a post on gay bars, but they are so much fun! Crews and Tangos is where you can enjoy a drag show downstairs and dance upstairs. El Rico’s has a male stripper (which if you friends are nice enough can arrange a lap dance) and a drag show. Woody’s is also great! People will tell you to go to Buddies in Bad Times Theatre as a starter gay club, but it is such a hit or miss I wouldn’t try it for your birthday!
- Bar 244 – Cheap drinks, cheap cover and my friends and I always have a great time there! I have yet to do a post on it, but now that I mention it to you I think I’ll have to.
Hope that helps! Have fun, but drink responsibly! But have fun and thank you for your support! Message me where you decide to go!